GOODBYE PANDA EYES!
- consistent lack of sleep (so night after night, you think it's ok to stay up late?)
- water retention or high salt intake
- poor lymphatic system or blood circulation
- genetics or hereditary
- low water intake
- also related to other health issues such as poor indigestion
- tired eyes or eye strain from use of screens in laptops, tv, computers, cellphones etc.
- sinusitis or allergies
- humidity or climate conditions
- you have heard this over again, go to bed early and be consistent with your sleep times, this has always helped me personally with both the puffiness and darkness
- I grew up in sunny and very humid Durban, so my eyes were puffy alot of the time, particularly in the morning, as the day would pass, it would lessen. Now living inland in Jhb with slightly drier climate, both my sniffles and puffiness have decreased substantially.
- stay hydrated and reduce your salt and caffeine intake to avoid water retention, use lemon juice, vinegars and spices instead of salt.
- workout consistently, make time for it...your health is everything. You really don't know the quality of life you are missing out on. For workouts and tips click here:workouts
- take your iron supplements, take them with or after your meal to avoid nausea
- use eye drops to combat dry and over strained eyes and step away from your screen or simply close your eyes for a few minutes throughout the day
- cucumber slices straight out the fridge placed on the eye area for 5-10mins, cool and invigorate the eye area, it may only lighten the under eye area very slightly and remove a bit of the puffiness.
- I haven't seen much difference with Potato slices personally, but your could give that a go as well.
- honey and turmeric mixed to form a paste is another option. In my opinion the yellow or orange tinge that the turmeric has lightens the purple tone under eye or cancels it out temporarily.
- milk or water and rice flour mixed to make a paste also has a lightening effect, you can also add in honey for hydrating the eye area
- visit a skin specialist or dermatologist. Involves injecting hyaluronic acid (naturally produced in the body) to areas that are sunken in around the baggy area of the under eye to plump these recesses. This is costly but effective.
- place two teaspoons in the freezer for 5mins and then apply on puffiness holding it until the spoon has warmed up, I used to this in the mornings before campus when I was up studying the night before
- Use an eye cream that is specifically formulated to target your eye area concerns, caffeine eye rollons are great for depuffing, try Garnier and Clinique. (I will review eye creams from budget friendly to the more exclusive soon Insha'Allah)
- lymph drainage through massage has a number of benefits, with decreasing under eye puffiness being one of them...see below
|All credit due to Distant Healer|
What is the difference?
|courtesy of nyx cosmetics|
Tip: for beautiful pink lips apply a lip balm then Kryolan camouflage creme, top with pink or soft peach lipstick of your choice or a nude for gorgeous nude lips.
This product has some great reviews, and was actually used by the makeup artist who did my wedding makeup (I wasn't a makeup artist back then, else I would have done my own makeup:). Its very widely used by celebs on and off screen as it photographs and videos particularly well. I sometimes use it on my dark lips or marks and for special occasions, unless I prefer Bobbi Brown that day.
Bobbi Brown Creamy concealer and yellow powder compact and Bobbi Brown Corrector which is applied before the concealer and powder
Check out this Bobbi Brown Video on how to apply corrector and concealers
Ladies, please note that I have tried and tested all of the products mentioned above. Here are some of my concealer and corrector stash including powders:
Here I am using the Bobbi Brown corrector in dark peach and concealer kit in golden. The concealer in honey would be a better option to brighten up the under eye.
Here I have used the Palladio herbal concealer in yellow, my review on this product and its application will be up soon.
Hope this post was especially useful and informative, look out for my videos and don't forget to subscribe to my blog and You Tube channel and follow me on Instagram for more.