HOW YOU SHOULD HAVE SPENT YOUR WOMEN'S DAY!

We live in the information age. We shop, blog and network online. When events come around to actually meet people and connect with them, we know that we need more like them. One of my favourite places to do all of the above is UrbanBliss Wellness Spa, especially when they host new events.


The spa, besides being an excellent retreat in the heart of Johannesburg, is also known for their enthusiasm and willingness to go above and beyond, to assist local businesses to connect with clients from diverse backgrounds and readily support Women empowerment.

On 26th of August 2017, I was invited to their "Women's Day out" event held at their premises, 85 BarryHertzog Rd, Emmarentia. This time my friend, Nonhle Thema the lady behind #yummymommy, a mom, actress and motivational speaker held her event at Urban Bliss.

A brilliant line up of women were set to speak to guests, who booked in advance to attend.

Nonhle gave a motivational speech on taking care of you. She got each member of her audience to rise up and speak about themselves, who they are, what they do, how they got there, and who they would like to connect with at the venue. This took a while, but it was worth it, as my eyes opened to new possibilities. I watched women really appreciate and respect each other for their journeys. Knowing each other made all the difference and allowed many to make new business and other beneficial connections.






Guest speaker Uyanda Mbuli, a former actress, and current Tv producer, activist and businesswomen spoke about overcoming adversity with boldness and enthusiasm. The guests were considerably greatful at this point in time, as the talks were powerful and moving. If you would like to hear a short segment of her talk...click here Uyanda said....




Ayesha Rajah owner of the Urban Bliss Spa and A&I importers gave her insider tips on how to age gracefully from your 30s-60s, best treatments and products to maintain radiant skin and how she broke into the spa and beauty industry.

Ayesha and I

Ayesha pictured with Nonhle and Pearl Thusi
At a previous event at the spa.. 

When I got to the venue, it was buzzing!. Outside the spa, at the entrance, were women eagerly waiting for their eyebrows to be done by the Kenosis beauty crew. They were taking full advantage of the complimentary service offered to all guests in attendance.









There was also a pop up stall with the cutest kiddies garment by Trendy kids. Trendy kids stocks affordable branded and unique wear for kids from birth to 14 years.






On entering the spa, I got to browse the Pop Vintage rail set up in the reception area. They sell on trend, high street fashion. If you have a fetish for this season's pearls, embroidery, frills and sleeve details, you will love their latest catalogue.


This is so cute! 


Love this! 






If you have seen my YouTube video for my virtual tour of the spa, you will know what I mean by the pause area. In the pause area, ladies feasted their eyes and bought lingerie from the beautiful brand Undercover lingerie, run by an uber amazing woman, my friend Farieda Mahomed.


Ooh La la



The event could not be complete without a make-up stall and Face on Fleek was there, armed with both high end original and replica makeup to suit a variety of budgets and preferences.






In the next room, ladies were all ooh and aah with delight, as they got their complimentary pamper sessions done. I still think about my first back massage, facial and hand massage at the spa....I really didn't know how much I needed a hand massage till I got one. It was the perfect reset needed to tackle my stressful days after. I should know, designing can be quite laborious, especially on my hands and back. The spa is definitely worth visiting for your pamper session, as well as your highly necessary reset. The staff are friendly, respectful, always neat and committed.





Outside, on the pool deck, Hair on fleek was set up, offering some beautiful deals on hair extensions and weaves. There was also Limited By Letoya with beautiful kids wear.

Also on deck were Zaynah modest apparel and KhaleesFabrics.









Zaynah is an on trend brand created by my beautiful friend Aadilah Tootlah. Zaynah is well known for their classy draped garments ranging from luxe robes, throws and kimonos to kaftans, dresses, scarves and more.
Btw, I'm after those crushed fabric scarves ...you should check those out too.



Classy pieces 


Khalees fabrics is well known in the industry. Their signature scarves featured on the runways of SA Fashion week and at the HFWSA. Keep your eyes peeled for the jaw dropping looks my sweet friend Tasneem Ismail created at the HFWSA. Her scarves are unique and I absolutely adore my signature Khalees scarf. Click here to see her styling it at the Womens day event...Tasneem in action





Those who know me well, know that I may not look like it...but I really love my food. Get me to an event, feed me well and I'm a happy chappy! UrbanBliss always goes the extra mile when it comes to offering a complete service and the Women's Day event was no exception.

First came out koeksisters and samoosas from The Industry Bakery...

"Oh my word....this is soo good!" These were the words that dropped from my mouth when I bit into one of those koeksisters. Ask Aadilah Tootlah, she was there with me. They were honestly the best koeksisters I had tasted in years. I was transported to my childhood trips in Cape Town, a kid trying her very first, genuine homemade, recipe passed from generation to generation, koeksister. It was that awesome! Don't take my word for it, hit the industry bakery when you can and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.





Then came out these gorgeously presented finger foods. There were trays of chicken skewers, chicken wraps and haute bunny chows. I was salivating at that point, but practiced restraint until everyone else would eat.

I had to leave early and was sorely disappointed for missing out, and being so disciplined. However, you don't have to....get in touch with I cater for you by Radia Bhyat for complete halaal catering.







As if that was not enough, there were cakes and bakes from a new establishment called The Bake Factory. Mouthwatering and in large servings, I would have loved to have tried what Andrea the manager at the spa, described as "so good I couldn't choose between them."





If you ever plan to have an event, consider UrbanBliss as they also provide complete halaal catering and impeccable service with a smile.

Check my previous post on more about Urbanbliss.... Click here>>My 1st Urbanbliss review







Comments

Popular Posts