COMPLETE SKINCARE WITH SKINFOOD APOTHECARY


Ever since I began with full coverage makeup, my skin has been anything but clear. Acne and dry skin are not exactly confidence boosters. Trust me I can be a roller coaster of emotions, but I'm pretty sure that has everything to do with the pressure of being a Makeup Artist and seeking to have clear skin for better makeup results.

Eventually you get sick of the roller coaster and research ingredients even on high end makeup, and become alot more conscious about your choices. Makeup is after all a bunch of chemicals put together and applied to our largest organ...our skin.

As a teenager, I was fortunate enough to have clear skin...Alhumdulillah...My mum always taught me good skincare practices, and she never used makeup except for the occasional lipstick and kajal. I followed her footsteps for a long time...I hated lipstick by the way, so it was only kajal for me, cuticura ointment at night as my night cream and sunscreen during the day. 

I still prefer simple skincare with the most natural ingredients. For those of you who have been with me from the time I started blogging, you know my love for diy and natural skincare. I befriended Fathima, the beautiful soul behind SKINFOOD APOTHECARY, pure artisan handcrafted skincare, when we had collaborated on an instagram giveaway. I could tell immediately from our conversations that she was wise beyond her years and impeccably passionate about natural and effective skincare. There were and still are numerous reviews by both my friends and well known personalities raving about her skincare. 

I am a sceptic, I never give into hype, I always prefer testing things out for myself. Fathima knew my eagerness to try out her skincare and gifted me a range suited to my skin concerns. Just for the record, I prefer to buy the items I review, keeps me unbiased. I was therefore naturally afraid that my objectivity would be biased..but that fell away..when Fathi genuinely expressed..."this is just for you to enjoy...I donot want any reviews." 

So here is the list of skincare she gave me:

Honey melt cleanser
Purifying mud
Carrot cream
Gommage
Skin peel



The honey melt cleanser is aptly named. It is golden honey hued and has a similar consistency, but less viscose. It glides over your skin with a smooth application. Honey is definitely the prime ingredient, as it was hard to resist eating it. Other ingredients are glycerine, rose hydrolat, and apple cider vinegar. All ingredients are organic. I love using it, as my skin feels cleansed yet hydrated, no dry stiff feeling here. With continued use, my skin clarity improved and skin texture was smoother with smaller pores.




The purifying mud, is great for acne prone and all skin types . It is clay based and a liquid cleanser that is brownish to tan in colour. It has a slightly grainy texture. My skin feels refreshed after use,  mattified yet toned, and with repeated use, a lot brighter. I get excited just reading the leaflets about this cleanser. All of the good stuff and no
nasties,  this cleanser does exactly as promised.



The Carrot cream was a Skinsaver! Together with the cleansers that prepped my skin, it soothed my irritated skin, and calmed my makeup allergies. It has a balmy texture that is rich and once absorbed into the skin leaves the skin soft, hydrated and glowing. It contains carrot oil and reduces the signs of ageing and treats sun damaged skin. I love using it as a night cream and as makeup primer. If you want that natural glow from within look rather than the effect of a highlighter or to boost your highlighter, this is your go to!




The face gommage is my favourite, because I am an exfoliating junkie. Okay so I never over do it, but I have to exfoliate at least twice a week. Gommage means exfoliate. It smells delicious, and has soothing chamomile, rooibos, Buchu and other botanical extracts and essential oils which leave your skin hydrated, softer, smoother and brighter after use. It has crushed apricot kernels which give it a grainy texture and is used by gently massaging in circular motions, to get rid of dead skin cells and make way for new.




The Skin peel is a wonder product. You will use it and wonder if it's working, and it really does. It is a clear liquid chemical exfoliator. It contains rose extract among other natural ingredients and is applied in a thin layer over the face for 3-10mins depending on your skin sensitivity. I know a few people who have kept it on over night and loved the results. It does give a slight tingly feeling, but that's perfectly normal. I used it on my acne, and the day after it had dried out. Continued use, once a week will fade away acne spots and blemishes and is great for skin prone to pigmentation. I highly recommend this peel to boost the effectiveness of any skincare.




I was excited about using these products and I can say without a doubt, it is all that it is hyped up to be and more. 

I used SKINFOOD APOTHECARY around July, and still have some product left over. It is well worth the spend and you can be certain that you are using good ingredients on your skin! I need to get more...

It makes an excellent gift in kunchas, to family members and friends and your daily skincare. The feeling of good skin is priceless!


To purchase Skinfood Apothecary... Click here: SKINFOOD APOTHECARY WEBSITE



Comments

Popular Posts