ANTI POLLUTION SKINCARE AND HOW TO STOP HAIR BREAKAGE
|Ayesha Rajah and Chereen|
Some of the topics included anti pollution Skincare, K and J beauty( nope, not the Kardashians and Jenners, though Kim did come up quite a bit...lol) as well as 2018 A/W runway makeup and hair.
|Fatima Loonat (MRS SA semi Finalist/ Geometric beauty), Ayesha Rajah (owner of Urban Bliss Day Spa) and I|
I met the beautiful and charismatic Creative Director of Beauty Warriors,
Ms. Chereen, who is also the amazing Mom blogger behind "For the beauty of it!".
Beauty Warriors SA provides holistic and invaluable insight on professional beauty, treatments and more. I followed them on Instagram and have never looked back.
This premium site offers up to date, relevant and useful information for the 21st Century woman, who wants to be in the know in all things beauty.
UrbanBliss Wellness was an ideal venue to host the pamper morning. Round tables set up on deck with beautiful blooms. Delicious and exclusively made coconut samoosas from The world of Samoosas werlaid out, and freshly brewed coffee and tea, started off this pamper morning, and set the tone for some sizzling conversation.
|Delicious coconut samoosas exclusive to World of Samoosas|
Ms. Chereen, Creative Director for Beuaty Warriors SA,
Ms. Ayesha Rajah owner of UrbanBliss Wellness Spa,
Ms. Cindy at Carlton Hair SA
|Ayesha Rajah Owner of Urban Bliss SPa|
|Kandy Kane Makeup|
|Cindy, heads Carlton Hair SA Academy|
The guestlist was just as captivating and included:
Mrs. South Africa semi- finalist Fatima Loonat Dadoo,
Brand owner of Matsimela Home Spa,
Media and Tv mogul Nonhle Thema,
Michelle Samuels who won a ticket to the event,
Michelle Loewenstein Digital Editor for Women and Home sa,
Rebecca Badrodin mum and blogger behind "In these Stilettos" ,
Beauty and lifestyle blogger behind Just a city girl,
YouTuber and blogger Dee-Dee for That's totally fetch_sa,
YouTuber and blogger Luna Lacey for LunaLacey.com
|Nonhle Thema, Rebecca Badrodin, Fatima Loonat|
|Michelle Loewenstein and Michelle Samuels|
Chereen told us alot more about Beauty Warriors and their goals, which include being at the forefront in providing South African women with the knowledge they require on cutting edge beauty technology, treatments and more.
BEAUTY AND WELLNESS:Next was Ms. Ayesha Rajah, who updated us on current and future, beauty and wellness trends. If you would like to know more about UrbanBliss spa...click here: The Ultimate Bespoke Spa in the heart of Johannesburg
Ayesha informed us about the following:
1. UrbanBliss Wellness Spa's philosophy and its pioneering in the Spa sector, providing holistic and customised wellness. Treatments are tailored to suit individual needs and promote wellness, treating the cause rather than just the symptoms.
2. When you visit the Spa, make sure to request a bubble wrap with your next facial. Try out their City facial for a skin detox.
3. "Anti pollution Skincare" is the current skincare buzzword. Pollution molecules, like gas, dirt, debris, are ten times smaller than a single pore size. Can you imagine, how much pollution can hide away in just one pore. This has been linked to various skin disorders. Anti pollution skicare forms a barrier on the skin, protecting the skin and preventing these molecules from entering and infecting your skin. Go check out Phytomer face and eye contour sorbet cream, it is an antipolution cream. You will love it! available at Urban Bliss.
4. She also discussed the future of makeup such as conducting individual DNA analysis to formulate makeup and skincare. Can you imagine makeup and skincare created specifically for your DNA.
5. K beauty or Korean beauty has been in the lead these past year's as they strive toward skin and beauty that is flawless, porcelain or glass like with minimised pores, and clear and radiant complexions.
6. After K beauty is J or Japanese beauty renowned for their quality skincare that is free of nasties like parabens and toxins. The rest of the world is now following suit.
MAKEUP:Next was insanely talented YouTuber and Makeup Guru Kandy Kane. She took us through current beauty trends some of which were:
1. The monochrome eye- essentially the one main colour used on the eye is also used on the cheeks and lips.
2. Bright colours - on the eyelid such as electric blue, orange, yellow etc were spotted on both local and international runways.
3. Glitter- ranging from glitter liners to shadows and even lips and cheeks.
She then did an amazing job at demonstrating a bright monochrome makeup look.
Great news is that I had just filmed a similar tutorial the weekend before the pamper morning and you can check it out here:
Glitter eye makeup or #grwm
|Kandy Kane working her magic on Chereen|
|completed eye look on Chereen|
ALL HAIR:The last speaker was Carlton Hair SA official hair stylists to Fashion Week SA.
She clued us up on the current hair trends and ran us through the following:
1. The 2018 A/W looks which are very low key, minimal, easy to recreate and maintain, from mid to low ponytails.
2. She also explained how modern cuts and styles are manageable, low maintenance and suitable for our personalities and lifestyles.
3. Hair treatment has also evolved like skin treatments, our scalp may require a different treatment as opposed to our hair ends.
She taught us a neat trick with 2 clips and a rubber band. Yes, we shouldn't use rubber bands, but this nifty little trick will halt hair breakage from your ordinary hair bands. I tried it for a day and then to took it further, and slept with it on. Here's a video on how you too can use this nifty little trick...What's in the Bag???
FOOD:We enjoyed brightly coloured and fresh chaats and puri served in bamboo style bowls. A delicious concoction, that was a colour, texture and flavour explosion. If you love Indian food, you will love this offering from Snap Chaat
Of course a pamper morning was not complete until we were all pampered. We got to choose between:
A foot or hand massage with exfoliation and a back, neck and shoulder massage.
I chose a hand massage, for a change, you won't believe how much tension we carry in our hands. It was exactly what I needed.
A beautiful end to a beautiful event.
As if we wern't spoilt enough, we took these gift hampers home!
Check out my unveiling video here:
What's in the Bag???
I will definitely be clueing you guys up on these products...because you know I got your back!;)