20 Oddly Satisfying Things! Do these make your list?






Photo credit:Baorisbeauty.com

Sometimes it's just the weird, small or odd little things that make you smile. Here are 20 oddly satisfying things in life.

20. Peel off masks... Nothing like a black mask peeling off white heads or a clear one peeling off black heads.

19. Making the perfect omelet:  use room temp eggs.
Beat or whisk 2 fresh eggs in a bowl with fork or electric beater for 1 min. Heat the pan to medium high, add a tablespoon of butter or less. Allow to sizzle. Then pour over beaten egg to cover pan surface. Move egg around in pan to cover. Add grated cheese, salt to taste and chilli and other toppings if you like. Limit toppings to 4 tablespoons, and add it to one half of the egg. Flip the other half over to close. Cook for 10 secs and flip again to cook for another 10-20 secs... Enjoy!


18. Cleaning your shoes so they look brand new when you wear them again. This goes with altering clothes so you have more to wear.

Keep whites white! Makes you look more polished. 


One of those pairs I'm always cleaning! So worth it, because it goes with
everything in my closet. 


17. Driving with your windows down. So long as it'safe.

Being driven;)


16. Creating or recreating anything from atmosphere, room, décor, a photographic effect or creative things you love, just for the sheer hec of it.

My husband held my selfie stick here, I had a separate switch to click when I was ready and got this amazing capture. 

15. Unexpected holiday. When you suddenly remember the public holiday that's coming up in the middle of a stressful week.

14. Fixing something that’s been broken for a long time.

13. Keeping completely calm and composed when someone goes batshit crazy on you. Allows you to focus on the real issue and sort it out, if it’s your issue.

One of my favourite movies as a kid called Hocus Pocus. I was obsessed witches, used to wish I could magically clean my room and get new clothes. Oh wait! I still do. Which brings us to the next point. 😉


12. Doing it yourself, from washing the car, cleaning the house and anything else you normally have others do for you.

11. Showers and coffee or tea at just the right temp.

10. Not making promises or explaining yourself. It's the best part about adulting.

9. When a motion sensor door opens just in time for you to walk through or the traffic lights turn green before you brake to stop.

8. Sitting next to people you love in complete silence without any awkwardness.

7. Taking yourself out on a date, lunch, brunch or just bad coffee.

6. Reading books in a bookstore and not buying them. (because I'm a nerd too, this would be on my list of fun free things to do anyday)

Definitely my next read! Most likely to buy this one.
I always end up buying the books🤷‍♀️


5. Getting samples of expensive stuff like Olivia from friends with money. (most depressing movie I’ve ever semi-watched)




4. Returning an expensive purchase and getting a full refund.

One of the more beautiful expensive purchases I returned, but knew I would wear only once if I kept it. 

3. Manoeuvring into the worst parking spot with precision.

Miss the stick shift. Happy I can still drive one. Do I even have any pics of me driving instead? Hehe

2. When an event you were going to attend, gets cancelled. Jomo is real! (Joy of missing out)

1. Standing in the longest queue and then moving way ahead because the people in front of you lose patience and walk away.

Comments

Popular Posts